How many times have you seen Duran Duran?

• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

#1 LaLuna

LaLuna

Loyal Lizard Lounger

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

I'm sure that this question has been asked before but I don't recall y'all's answers so since it's quiet....

How many Duran Duran Concerts have each of y'all been to?

The Durham NC show in August will just be my 5th.

Is this in the right place LizardQueen, I thought it was kinda a 'poll'....

Blessings,
LaLuna
Posted Image

#2 Duraffinity

Duraffinity

Lizard Poster Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 11,755 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

I've only seen them 3 times total. Twice during the Pop Trash 2000 tour, and once in 2005 for the reunion.

*Fingers crossed* that someday I'll get the chance to see them again. But now that I have small children, it has gotten a lot more complicated.
LeBonaholic #20
Posted Image

#3 rose_arcana

rose_arcana

Baby Lizard

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

1984 Madison Square Garden, I was 13 and it was my very first concert.

1987 Madison Square Garden and Beacon Theatre(it was some sort of charity show)

1993(?) PNC Bank Arts Center The tour where Simon wore the white shorts and took off his shirt, he ran past me up the aisle::wistful sigh:: So glad I had an aisle seat for that one. :)

1994 to 2000 - it's a bit of a jumble, I think I saw them at least once more at PNC, once at Jones Beach and once at the Beacon Theatre, I may have seen one other show, someplace, because I feel like I'm forgetting a show.

2005 - The Andy 2.0 years - Saw them at PNC and Wilkes Barre(can't remember the exact dates but remember the venues)

2007 Barrymore Theatre - Red Carpet Massacre. I saw the first show.

2011 Madison Square Garden, had so much fun, the section I was in had a mixed crowd but everyone was up, singing and dancing the whole show we weren't even that close to the stage but it was fun.

So I've seen them at least 12 times.(and sadly half of those times were when I had slipped into a more 'casual fan' mode, I'm just lucky enough to live in an area they frequently tour and had friends who bought tickets and always invited me, that said I always had a great time and did plenty of cheering and dancing:))

#4 TV sound

TV sound

...like some new romantic looking for the tv sound...

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Many.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

July 1987 Riverbend Music Center- Cincinnati OH
October 15 1993 Ervin J. Nutter Center- Dayton OH
August 19 2000 Timberwolf Amphitheater Kings Isand- Cincinnati OH
March 26 2005 Music Hall- Cininnati OH
July 26 2005 Fraze Pavilion- Kettering OH
December 8 2008 Shotenstien Center- Columbus OH

six shows

seven when i go to Fraze again on Aug 28!!!! :laught30:

#5 LaLuna

LaLuna

Loyal Lizard Lounger

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

I was thinking some of y'all were likely up to 20 or 30 times...no?

Strawbz? LizardQueen?

Blessings,
LaLuna?
Posted Image

#6 thirtyyears

thirtyyears

Loyal Lizard Lounger

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Under 20. :)

#7 Lizard Queen

Lizard Queen

Forum Moderator

• Members
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

I was thinking some of y'all were likely up to 20 or 30 times...no?

Strawbz? LizardQueen?

Blessings,
LaLuna?

Um I'll actually be hitting 80 on this leg. :)

#8 sam032419

sam032419

Playing With Uranium

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Interests:Duran Duran, Yes, Progressive Rock, and Roger Taylor. :)

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

None...My mom has seen them a couple of times with my dad, but as for me, I have yet to see them in concert...

tumblr_m5a37wzGp11ro88uco1_500.jpg

#9 LaLuna

LaLuna

Loyal Lizard Lounger

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

80 LizardQueen....WOW...color me emerald green with envy.

:smiley_omg:

Blessings,
LaLuna
Posted Image

#10 Duraffinity

Duraffinity

• Members
  • 11,755 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

80 LizardQueen....WOW...color me emerald green with envy.

:smiley_omg:

Blessings,
LaLuna

She's earned that "Queen" title for sure! :lol:
LeBonaholic #20
Posted Image

#11 duranna

duranna

Princess without a Tiara

• Members
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:my family, my husband and some band called Duran Duran

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

This last one (Birmingham LG) was my 10th time. I feel like such a light weight compared to LQ!

#12 LaLuna

LaLuna

Loyal Lizard Lounger

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Ye Gods, and I can STILL count mine on one hand even after my Aug. show....

I'm pretty lame. LOL...well I do have 3rd row seat tho in aug, so...maybe not too lame.

Blessings,
LaLuna
Posted Image

#13 Lizard Queen

Lizard Queen

Forum Moderator

• Members
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:29 AM

It definitely helps to live in CA, they never skip us.

#14 errbt

errbt

"Live Wire Guitarist"

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

1. 7/6/87 Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI (Strange Behaviour Tour) (Funny that I trusted the D2 Wiki and had the date as the 7th until I just checked my old stub)

2. 8/4/93 Pine Knob Theater, Clarkson MI (Dilate Your Mind Tour)

3. 8/10/99 Pine Knob Theater, Clarkson MI (Let It Flow Tour)

4. 11/15/03 Royal Oak Music Theater, Royal Oak MI (Reunion Tour) (first chance to see the original five, 15 feet from the stage, and I got the ticket the night of the show!)

5. 3/24/05 The Palace, Auburn Hills MI (Astronaut Tour) (The show that AT high-tailed it back to the States to make, right after his dad's passing)

So, five shows. Of my favorite bands, I've only seen Indigo Girls more (6 including their set at Lilith Fair). After Duran, it's U2 3 times and Patti Smith, Tori Amos, & Roger Waters (as of this coming July) twice each.

Duran21.jpg

#15 Duraffinity

Duraffinity

• Members
  • 11,755 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

I feel like such a concert novice! Along with the three DD shows, I can still count all the concerts I've been to on my hands. I saw Styx twice, REO Speedwagon once (though that was a double bill with Styx - eventually made into an official live album!); Billy Idol, the Monkees, and Orgy. That's pretty much it!

I hate to say it, but out of all of them, I think I enjoyed the Billy Idol show the most. It was in 2005, a tiny venue, and standing room only. But the show was so much fun! I wasn't a big Idol fan before that, but the show itself convinced me to buy his Greast Hits album and the new album he was promoting at the time. Didn't hurt that I got a pic taken with him before the show too. :)
LeBonaholic #20
Posted Image

#16 errbt

errbt

"Live Wire Guitarist"

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

I feel like such a concert novice! Along with the three DD shows, I can still count all the concerts I've been to on my hands. I saw Styx twice, REO Speedwagon once (though that was a double bill with Styx - eventually made into an official live album!); Billy Idol, the Monkees, and Orgy. That's pretty much it!

I hate to say it, but out of all of them, I think I enjoyed the Billy Idol show the most. It was in 2005, a tiny venue, and standing room only. But the show was so much fun! I wasn't a big Idol fan before that, but the show itself convinced me to buy his Greast Hits album and the new album he was promoting at the time. Didn't hurt that I got a pic taken with him before the show too. :)

No shame there! I have to say that Billy Idol put on one hell of a show when I saw him (and it was free, just $5 for parking to get a lawn seat at Pine Knob - I'll never call it "DTE Energy Theater". Best part is, it wasn't sold out so we moved down into the covered pavillion seats about 20 rows out, and no one stopped us). It was 2006, I think, and I figured it would be good, especially knowing how good of a guitarist Steve Stevens is. The pest part was that the hipster kid I went with (friend from work) was blown away. He admitted afterword that he only came because it was free, and that he had thought that "the '80s were a joke" musicwise (otherwise, he has a pretty broad appreciation of '60s/'70s rock and current alternative music, but he'd apparently fallen for the arrogant "Rolling Stone" party line about '80s music). Well, Billy sure kicked his @$$ and set him straight. The band was on, Billy sounded way better than even I expected, and Steve Stevens even did an extended Flamenco influenced acoustic guitar solo! Great show, especially for $5!

Duran21.jpg

#17 LaLuna

LaLuna

Loyal Lizard Lounger

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

Only acts I've seen at concerts besides Duran Duran 4 times (5th in Aug) is U2 in their 360 tour for my and hubby's 20th anniversary a couple years back...and Prince also in the round way back in the late 80's.

I really don't like concerts the crowds are not my thing.

Blessings,
LaLuna
Posted Image

#18 Lizard Queen

Lizard Queen

Forum Moderator

• Members
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

My next most seen band would be the Go-Go's with 58 times, Crowded House/Neil Finn 12 times, and I've seen the Bangles 8 times even though I don't really like them. :)

#19 LaLuna

LaLuna

Loyal Lizard Lounger

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

My next most seen band would be the Go-Go's with 58 times, Crowded House/Neil Finn 12 times, and I've seen the Bangles 8 times even though I don't really like them. :)

So what acts have ya seen just once or twice? Sound slike ya go to LOTS of shows.

Blessings,
LaLuna
Posted Image

#20 Lizard Queen

Lizard Queen

Forum Moderator

• Members
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

So what acts have ya seen just once or twice? Sound slike ya go to LOTS of shows.

Blessings,
LaLuna

I forgot to list Sting, I've seen him 5 times and the Police twice, Depeche Mode 4 times and INXS 4 times. And I saw Berlin/Bow Wow Wow last night. Let's see, in no particular order- Erasure, Roxette, David Bowie, Bryan Ferry, OMD, ABC, Simple Minds, That Dog, Squeeze, B-52's. Human League, George Michael, Heart, Cyndi Lauper, Blondie, U2, English Beat, A-ha, Psychedelic Furs, Tony Hadley (sans Spandau Ballet), Pet Shop Boys, and I have tickets for Adam Ant in October. And I once got dragged to see Jordan Knight of NKOTB, but I've tried to repress that memory. :sicksmiley:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ALL AMAZON.COM PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THESE LINKS HELP SUPPORT THIS SITE