Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wdavies70

JOHN TAYLOR BOOK SIGNINGS

38 posts in this topic

If a Chicago one comes up, I may consider it.

Same for me, even moreso if he shows up anywhere in Wisconsin.

I clicked on the dates and looks mostly in the UK...

I've heard one NY date so far... I am sure LA would be next right?

UK does have a much earlier release date, so that makes sense. Hopefully more US dates will be added eventually.

Considering that he lives here, it better be. :)

Same for me, even moreso if he shows up anywhere in Wisconsin.

Hehe, I'd definitely be taking the day off from school for that one! :)

I read somewhere online that the publisher mentioned visits in LA and Chicago in addition to NYC, so I'm assuming that'd be the case.

Nope.. £6 & must be collected before the day... £7 if collected on the day.. It's really weird buying a ticket that cheap! You wouldn't even get in the pictures for that! :lol:

Ok, wait... so you have to pay for John to sign the book that you already paid for??? This is doesn't sound right to me.

Is this how it's normally done? I thought you buy the book and the author signs it for free... What am I missing here? lol

Ok, wait... so you have to pay for John to sign the book that you already paid for??? This is doesn't sound right to me.

Is this how it's normally done? I thought you buy the book and the author signs it for free... What am I missing here? lol

Well, I think technically he is signing them for free and it's the reading that costs £6, LOL. Normally at such things you buy your copy at the store and that gets you a wristband on a first come, first served basis, and only those with wristbands are guaranteed entry. So I think most people would happily pay a few bucks or pounds for a guaranteed spot ahead of time without waiting for hours in line at the store- I know I would.

I can only assume we're paying for the 'reading' part LQ, I'm guessing that that'll ensure quiet & stave off chaotic behaviour while he does his bit.. Never been to a book signing before to be honest but from what I hear they're usually always free! I'll tell about it after. :D

I can only assume we're paying for the 'reading' part LQ, I'm guessing that that'll ensure quiet & stave off chaotic behaviour while he does his bit.. Never been to a book signing before to be honest but from what I hear they're usually always free! I'll tell about it after. :D

I went when Belinda Carlisle's book came out in 2010. It was free (but as I said, you had to buy her book at full retail price at the store and get a wristband) and she didn't read from it, but she did a Q and A before the signing. And this is the sad result of "no posed photos". :unsure:

mebelinda.jpg

It's not so bad.. Looks a bit separated but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Not sure if the book needs to bought in Bath at the time for JT to sign? I have one on preorder I've already paid for but if I have to buy another I'll just buy it! They don't seem to be around so much for meets here as in the US so I'm gonna grab it with both hands!!! The meet & the book.. I'm just wondering if I tell him just how close I live to his manor will he pop round mine for tea one day!!!!! Lol! I won't hold my breath though!!

It's not so bad.. Looks a bit separated but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Not sure if the book needs to bought in Bath at the time for JT to sign? I have one on preorder I've already paid for but if I have to buy another I'll just buy it! They don't seem to be around so much for meets here as in the US so I'm gonna grab it with both hands!!! The meet & the book.. I'm just wondering if I tell him just how close I live to his manor will he pop round mine for tea one day!!!!! Lol! I won't hold my breath though!!

It's more the blurriness that I object to- I don't know how you mess up with a digital camera but I guess that's why he worked at Borders and not as a professional photographer, LOL! And when Belinda's book came out I ordered one to read and get fingerprints on, and just put the signed one away for safekeeping- I guess I'll do the same with JT's.